Saturday, December 25, 2010

Two Recipes: A Christmas Tale

Old Town in the snow.
I got up early (ok, 7:30) with Calum to make Apple Cinnamon Muffins, a Nigella's Kitchen recipe which I'd never tried before. Now, young C really enjoys helping me while I cook, which turns everything into a bit of a mess so I was entertaining him in his playpen as I mixed the batter, which may somewhat explain the mistake. I left out the eggs. So, they turned into a kind of soft, gooey pudding with a fantastic crumble top. I'll try them again though. And I will use eggs.

Awful picture of Tuna meatballs
So, for supper we'd decided to try a Jamie's Italy recipe: Tuna Meatballs in Tomato Sauce, over linguine. I used all the right ingredients (even made bread crumbs) but, with time constraints, decided not to refrigerate the balls for an hour. The cooked easily (I suspect sitting for awhile would make them less crumbly though). Now, Peter thought the tasted really lemon-y, but I love lemon and had no problems with it. The Jamie's Italy uses a lot of lemon, so maybe that's just his taste? Regardless, it could be adjusted really easily.

No comments: