Saturday, December 18, 2010

Friday Night Arts and Crafts

I'm so bad at Christmas gifts this year. I've a pile of knitting projects (two hats and a pair of socks) all of which have a few rows on them. My fingers are such a mess: dry and cracked, I'm dipping them in industrial strength glycerin what-have-you. Of course all the laundry, nappies, dishes and general mommy lifestyle doesn't help. All the little cuts and dried parts catch are catching on the yarn and when I cream up the yarn gets coated in a film - yuck.

Also available in orange and green
I've been trying to figure out what to get for my friend M's little girl Miss C. M is one of the coolest people I know and her style is completely unique. Miss C has awesome clothes too. So with the knitting projects looking unlikely, what to do? I bought a couple of white (boring) vests and tie dyed them in a dark purple. I used long sleeved ones so that they could be worn under summer clothes. It was really easy after I got over my fear of using dye. I did some of Calum's at the same time and love the results.

No comments: