Sunday, April 16, 2006

writing my paper- an up to the minute account

there have been a few people who have complained to me over the past couple of months that I've disappeared: i'm not "sharing" the "real me" here. well folks, i'm tired, exhausted, had very little sleep, it's too early to call anyone to bitch so- here goes: i am going to blog writing this $%&@ paper for JSL- not only the STUPIDEST class EVER but the STUPIDEST assignment.
My beloved roomate arrived home last night - i'm going to guess he was intoxicated- and woke me up. I'm stressed and had no sleep. I've been awake since 5, it's 7:30, I'm listening to some kind of Easter church service on the CBC and I'm on page 2. I swear if MH woke up I'd hurt him...
ok--
7:20 page 2....
more later
9 am- writing paper
9:30 freak out at boyfriend
page 3
spend next hour showering/ walking dog/ eating/ preparing food for library/ dishes
11 am- freak out at MH: resist his attempts to calm me
his response? "i'm a bastard" i am so very tired and angry...
11:30 am- at library, holding at page 3
12:30- 4 pages folks, uh-huh!
eating my edamame as I write - I need some sleep & some Advil extra strength long lasting gel caps. My head is killing me- probably a heady mix of allergies and lack of sleep
so tired... 4 Pages!
1:30 - on page 5: finished my quesadillas
going write the damn conclusion & be done with it
tried to put my head down - can't sleep
- 5 pages people: looks like it's going to be exactly 5. This is good, tweak a few things, add a footnote or two. This is my Seinfeld paper- a paper about nothing!
1:45- Done! that's right D-O-N-O-N-O-N-E!
gotta get the contracts under - really? I need to sleep and maybe crying a little.
effing contracts... gotta get the summary done: trying to a table of easily readable rules & the cases separately briefed- i don't know...
3- Open Office is now refusing to open my documents: Frustration in particular. Irony aside I need this %$#@&* it!
- leave computer with Mike in the library (we've been watching each other's ccomputers as the other goes for walk, pee break, etc), sprint home, get memory stick so i can save what Open Office has chosen not to destroy
that's the problem with free source programmes- you can't focus all of your rage on a single person like Bill Gates
3:30 - find the house exactly as I left it. All of my please for MH to do his bit & clean up were for naught. good to know that he's consistent at least.
3:45- back in library, my area has been over run by someone wearing- perfume? $#@!%&*!
ok- i know I'm hypersensitive to this, especially when I'm in the midst of allergy season. and now that there's the celiac thing, I'm risking turning into one of THOSE people who annoy me to no end. but, sweet mary & joseph. the woman is 10 feet away from me and I can smell her. bleck...
5ish- going home, summary almost complete, paper in need of editing. and a dog who needs to be walked
so- that's my exciting life. i don't have time for anything else.
stupid law school.

No comments: