Saturday, March 11, 2006

Oscar Fashion & Gossip Update

First up - Oscar fashion
This was the first time since- 1993? that I haven't watched at least a part of the Oscars.
I watch for the clothes. So, I've been checking out the gossip blogs for the past week.
if you'd like to see some awesome outfits and get great gossip, check out some of the following sites...
www.gofugyourself.typepad.com
http://celebritysmack.blogspot.com
http://celebritysailing.blogspot.com
there are so many blogs out there- those are some of my faves.
Now the outfits that were the best (ie worst) at the Oscars were...
Charlieze Theron! I know!
I kind of love the idea- strips of material, wrapped mummy style around. It's different. But - in forest green? with a bow on her shoulder? Why? Why?
Char, honey- you're gorgeous, perfect legs & lovely hair; you have money, people *give* you pretty clothes. Why the Mummy in the Forest look? Is it because you & Stuart broke up? Yes, he was very pretty. But this is the time to bring out the A clothes sweetie. pretty lip glosses (look at the lip gloss reviews in the post below! they'd look fab on you).




Ms. Sharon Stone is another one who just- I dunno. Say what you will about the Stone-inator- she's got ummm.... eggs! and she knows how to dress but this looks like ... like... Windsor Forks circa 1985. don't get me started about the Lohan. I want to like her (i really really do- mean girls rocked!) but she is circling the drain. Ms Stone has Basic Instinct 2 coming out soon. it's all so uck.
Stone is hot. I saw her in Broken Flowers and she's still got it.
Anyway, in case you can't tell from the photos - Stone is wearing *frosty blue eyeshadow*, and I'm pretty sure she's not being ironic. Her hair is a teased, sprayed and coiffed confection. A tribute to the 80s hairbands- maybe her next role is as an aging Poison groupie?


Madonna has been saying in interviews that her daughter, Lourdes is concerned that her mother is gay. Apparantly, she saw the MTV awards show & watched her mother kissing Britney Spears. Madonna's got some crazy story about passing on 'rock star energy'. um, ok? If I were Madonna, I'd actually be more worried about my daughter thinking I had syph or something but I guess that's just me.

Britney Spears may/ may not be pregnant. Isn't she over yet? Why do we care? If I have to look at god awful pics of Brit Brit everytime I try to get some good gossip for the rest of my life.

Paris Hilton is banned from Vanity Fair parties by Graydon Carter. That may be the best editorial decision made by Vanity Fair in years.

There are some awesome pics of a very drunk Jake Gyllen-whatever partying with the Brokeback people on Oscar Eve. He's obviously drunk and enjoying himself, really funny.

AND Jessica Simpson seems to have been dumped by Adam Levine. I've heard only that one song of Maroon 5 and yeah, not feeling it. Anyway, she will be dumped!

that's all for now...

No comments: