Saturday, March 11, 2006

Law School Nutters/ Lipstick Roundup 2006

I've been reading a bunch of other law school blogs and man! we're a crazed bunch. My friend RR said just the other day that he knows why nobody like lawyers. We're trained to be assholes in lawschool. They make us compete from day one- we're always tired and behind and they force us to tread over each other. Career Day was another example. Can't even... what were the best things I got from Career Fair? A great blue stress ball that Belle quite likes and... some Tim Horton gift certificates. I did talk to some awesome people and feel a bit better about the whole will-I-have-a-job-when-I'm-done thing. Dr. Don was awesome.

I feel out of the rut i was in for most of February. It IS the worst month...
to alleviate the boredom, I've started to wear more makeup. Now, I always wear a little. I'm a redhead so without mascara i look albino. But apparently I don't look like I'm wearing any (which makes me very upset- I want to be fabulous, dang it!)
Yesterday I wore my green Juxt MAC eyeshadow. I love it so much- got lots of compliments AND ended up being on TV. I love makeup. This weekend I'm off to buy new eyeshadows- thinking of hitting the Stila & MAC counters (more on that later).

As most of you know, I've been on a hunt for the perfect lipstick for as long as I can remember. I just counted 9 lipsticks- not counting the cheek-lip combinations and I recently bought a great new gloss for $3 and think it works- very glossy. I've had to start chucking stuff out (some is really old).
Here are my favorites:

Baby Doll – Nars- obviously this is pink: a beautiful deep bubble gum colour. this product is called a 'lip lacquer', very similar in texture and wear to MAC's lip glass. So it's a little sticky but you can wear it by itself or over another colour. If i buy this product again I would probably choose a darker colour.

Laura – NYC- this is called a liquid lipstick and is very much like the Stila lip polish (much cheaper naturally). This is a dark pink, more impact than a gloss but not a traditional lipstick. I love it- I always get complements on it.

VooDoo – Black Opal- this is a proper lip gloss, comes in a cute pot and all. It's a shiny orange with lots of gold overtones. Fabulous. I've had it forever and used it sparingly. It works over a simple lip liner, or another colour. I'll be finished it soon and will mourn its passing. I've started looking for a replacement; which leads me to my latest find...

554A – NYC – it doesn't have a proper name but I got it last night and I think I'm in love. It's a pinkish (surprise!) orange with gloss to spare. The product is called liquid lip shine. So far so good...

Black Honey – Clinique – I believe this is technically a lip stain, its dark colour belies the fact that it looks great on everyone, matches everything and manages to look professional without drag queen. This is the interview and job lipstick as well as the one you wear that your boyfriend doesn't quite realize is lipstick.

Cream Soda – Oil of Olay – fantastic lip liner that works with everything. I read in Glamour years ago that Kevin Aucoin swore by this- I bought it in bulk before they stopped making cosmetics.

No comments: