Friday, October 21, 2005

Creamy Lemon

I've had a very productive day! That almost never happens...
With hours to go before I sleep, I thought I'd waste a little time posting.
So, I was checking out one of my favorite sites, For the Fork and the Spoon
http://nupur-inthekitchen.blogspot.com/
(fabulous veggie Indian food- I was scared I'd lost her site forever but managed to track it down- thanks Google!) and she has a quiz. She names a word and you try to match the word to a food. She said creamy- i said Creamy Lemon Pudding. And have been craving the following recipe for the past day as a result:

Creamy Lemon Pudding
2 T butter
¼ C sugar
2 lemons
2 eggs
½ C flour
1 ¼ C milk
Cream butter. Add sugar, beat well. Grate the lemons, squeeze out the juice, strain, set aside. If you'd like it more lemon-y, add more rind and juice.
Separate the eggs, add one yolk at a time to the butter/ sugar mix, beating well in between. Stir in flour and gradually add the lemon juice and rind. Add milk
Whisk egg whites until stiff and fold gently into batter. this is actually quite important, it'll taste as good, but won't be as fluffy- so take the time and do it right
Place in a pie plate and bake in a 350° oven for about 40 mins. it'll be a bit golden and lovely smelling. I just use a casserole dish and it turns out fine

I got this recipe off a website awhile ago and just love it. The lemon is so creamy and yummy and the top is fluffy. Not a pudding as we in North America know it – this is a true English pudding and quite yummy. So- that's my helpful hint of the day. Sometimes, i eat it for supper.

ok- I'm off. Property Law won't read itself, darn it...

To love and win is the best thing. To love and lose, the next best. ~ Logan Elchols
(a little something for all the Veronica Mars fans out there)

1 comment:

Nupur said...

Ohhh excellent~!!
You have the recipe here.... :)

Thanks for visiting me gurl... and hope to see you around more often! Cheers!!