Sunday, May 29, 2011

all is well

It's been a rough couple of months. No, it's not that. It's been a rough couple of years. I started this blog having just broken up with my boyfriend, on the cusp of running a marathon and starting law school. Lot of stuff has gone down and I wish that I had the ability (the courage? the strength?) to write about it here. But maybe the purpose of this blog is to be a reflection of something else: my attempts to write regardless. To express what's going on despite everything. I wish sickness, loss and sucky jobs didn't exist but that's not where we live. And that's what we do: we struggle on and continue our lives in the face of a whole lot of stuff we don't understand or even like.  I'd like to think that's the brave choice. It isn't really but most of life isn't great acts of bravery. Life is the act of movement and choice: to keep going despite the odds and sadness.

I bought myself a necklace for my birthday, inspired by one that nienie wears (if you haven't been reading the nienie dialogues, well off you go:
http://nieniedialogues.blogspot.com/). The necklace says "all is well". It's sort of a talisman. Not so much a good luck charm or a form of protection but something that grounds me and reminds me exactly where I am. And that's ok. All is well.


No comments: