Monday, February 02, 2009

ya nae wanna slip him ...

The headline said "Snow Chaos". I threw on my parka (so glad our shipment finally arrived!), hiking boots and went outside with Belle. It was a bit like a winter wonderland, sort of what we in Canada would see in November - all white and new, the snow like a sprinkling of icing sugar. 

One thing that was very different was the population: no speeding, no slipping on sidewalks, no car accidents. Everything seemed very orderly, very British. In the park, they were even putting down sand on the paths proactively something I have never seen before. 

It's been snowing on and off all week and it's been lovely. A light dusting, all very pretty and not too cold with most of it melted by the afternoon. The Links & Meadows, where we walk most days, have all kinds of snow people: men, women, families. I counted five different groups making snowmen while we were there.

Belle loves this weather, even if it's very windy, she'll romp for as long as I can take it. As we were sliding home from the park, me tugging at the unwilling pup's leash, an older gentleman saw us, "careful now, ya nae wanna slip him..." 

No comments: