Friday, December 12, 2008

Back in Black

We're back online! Again, some more ...



I was encouraged by a friend to try this again, so here I am. I'm a bit ambivalent: anyone who's my Facebook friend can guess that. The whole concept of an online presence kinda freaks me out. I'd love a place that I can use as a scrapbook, a bulletin board without the constant barrage of comment, reinforcement and god knows what of Facebook (can you tell I'm a Facebook burnout?)

It's been about 18 months since my last post which is a long time ago. Lots has happened: I'm not going to recount everything in this (or any) post. It would be silly in many ways, most people reading this don't need a rehash of my history. It'll come in bits and pieces, if it's supposed to. If not? Better left unsaid (or un posted).

I don't want this to become one of those "look
at me, at what I have & what I've learnt and aren't I great?" blogs (aka "bragging" - tm the ever wise Devlin) yeesh. Oprah's fine but good heavens! Some stuff should be private or at the very least not open to everybody's discourse. What have I learned in the past 18 months? That life is both greater and smaller then one can possibly imagine ... I'm older and wiser but that comes with a whole lot of experience and situation that isn't always pleasant. Hearing people babble on about their enlightenment en masse is really unappealing to me, and I assume most people really don't need to hear about my stuff anymore than I want to chat about it. If you are interested? Feel free to leave a comment.

Some things should be mentioned at the start of the new and improved SadieBelle: Sweet Pea and I were married this spring and are now living in Edinburgh, Scotland. We've been here for about a month: so far so good. Belle's with us and pretty much the same: stubborn, hilarious and always herself. Hard to believe she's 10 years old! A mature pup, indeed. I thank heavens everyday for my little family and how fortunate I am that I have them in my life. That's it, that's all...
xoxo

No comments: