Thursday, November 24, 2005

Ch-ch-ch-ch-Changes

I’ve sat at my desk over the past couple of weeks and watched the season change. The tree outside my window has now lost all of it’s leaves. The one across the street- it held on for the longest time but now, it too is bare.

It’s getting colder. Trips to the dog park (first thing in the am and then around 5) are getting much colder. The fact that Belle doesn’t want to play, a fact that should be upsetting me, is beginning to matter less and less. I don’t have to freeze for over an hour a day? O-K!

Since the weather is still up and down, I am still running in shorts. Since I’m still cold from yesterday’s run (I've been running 9-11 km every other day with breaks for hill training anf long runs, thank you) I’m thinking it’s time to buy new tights. I’m so cheap... I don’t mind spending money on things, goodness knows, but tights, lets face it- they’re two pieces of nylon (uhh- sorry, technical fabric) sewn together. Paying more than $40? seems like a rip off. Especially because they don’t flatter, aren’t that comfortable and are more a necessity than anything. But, I should be thankful- Ottawa’s great to run in this time of year.

So, that's me. Writing a paper on parental responsibility legislation and watching the seasons change.

ch-ch-ch-changes
Turn and face the strain
ch-ch- changes
Don't want to be a richer man
Turn and face the stranger
ch-ch-ch-changes
Turn and face the strange
Time may change me
But I can't trace time
- David Bowie

Believe it or not, this was played to us at the beginning of term and the prof (I know I've told most you this story) was very kindly saying- it's going to get rough, buckle up and enjoy it. and I, in my 5 cent wisdom believed I was invincible or- something- from all of this. Anyway, tough time of year- having the time of my life. see ya

NEXT TIME: first term review! exciting updates! recipes and hot fashion tips! or something...

1 comment:

Joey said...

Hi S!

I wanted to post here to say Merry Christmas and send love from Boston. For some reason, the emails that I have sent to your address lately have bounced back with a "delivery failure" message. I hope your exams went well and that you've got a fun holiday season planned! Things are good but busy here. Let's talk soon. The TAR Family Edition was beyond lame, huh? We're not off to Sydney until end of Feb.

Lots of love,

Jo