Thursday, June 09, 2005

Leaving Los Verdun

Last day of work today... I knew I was going to be busy and I was. Couldn't sleep so I ended getting in early, and stayed until 5:30. I was overwhelmed when I left- 3 years of Montreal and 2 years of McGill coming to an end. So yes, I started crying. I think everything from the past couple of months has been so overwhelming: breaking up with * and getting into law school and realizing that i had to move sooner than I had planned and running a marathon that I am emotionally really close to the surface (some might say "unstable"). but-- I think it's coming around, I feel less vulnerable. not as teary (although those walking on University around 5:30 this evening may suggest otherwise) anyway: new rule for Ottawa: no crying in public. It's not a look that works for me.

took Belle for a walk along the water this morning-- it was so beautiful. I haven't been down there very often in the past couple of months, but it's a part of living here that's been so great: I have lived on the banks of the St. Lawrence! How cool is that?

Last night it hit me: this is the longest i have ever lived in a single dwelling since I was 15? possibly longer, 12 maybe... Weird, I don't feel too tied to this place. but I'm sure living with Michael will cure that!

No comments: